NSW fine, result in VIC- license suspension?

Offences committed outside Victoria
Lox12

NSW fine, result in VIC- license suspension?

Postby Lox12 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Hello!

I've had a look through but haven't seen this come up. I hold a VIC licence and got done in NSW doing 138/110 (I'm a goose). The ticket has for the offense as exceede speed limit >20km.

I'm wondering what the result in Victoria will be? I'm worried because in Vic if you get caught doing over 25ks it's a one month suspension, however there's no suspension in NSW for the speed I was doing.

Any advice? I'm considering having the matter heard in NSW with the hope of a s.10 dismissal =no NSW points but will I still get shafted in VIC?

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: NSW fine, result in VIC- license suspension?

Postby Hardy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:23 pm

You must get 4 points in Vic but no suspension unless you get a suspension in NSW.

busdriver

Re: NSW fine, result in VIC- license suspension?

Postby busdriver » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Lox12 wrote:Hello!

I've had a look through but haven't seen this come up. I hold a VIC licence and got done in NSW doing 138/110 (I'm a goose). The ticket has for the offense as exceede speed limit >20km.

I'm wondering what the result in Victoria will be? I'm worried because in Vic if you get caught doing over 25ks it's a one month suspension, however there's no suspension in NSW for the speed I was doing.

Any advice? I'm considering having the matter heard in NSW with the hope of a s.10 dismissal =no NSW points but will I still get shafted in VIC?

Section 10 only applies in NSW, if the court makes a section 10 ruling RMS won't record points against you in NSW, however if RMS notify Vicroads of the offence then Vicroads must record demerit points against you.

You might find this helpful: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/ ... 7/s29.html

Return to “Interstate and foreign driving issues”