cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Offences committed outside Victoria
johnspiritbeing
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:41 pm

cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby johnspiritbeing » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi, love your website and use of plain language Mr Hardy.

I am victorian my car is registered in victoria, I have a bike rack on the rear of my vehicle and the bike rack has a piece of timber the size of a number plate clearly marked with the car rego number upon it.

I have never had a problem in Vic with that being acceptable to the police but have travelled to NSW for a holiday in Ballina.

a copper stops me in ballina and says I need a proper number plate on the bike rack and if I dont get one within 2 weeks he will book me.

I told him this is legal in victoria and he says it dont matter Im in NSW and its not acceptable.

So do I have to get an actual 3rd number plate to attach to the bike rack, if my car is roadworthy in victoria surely I can drive it legally in NSW regardless of whether NSW rules reckon its not roadworthy,,Right??? I have a right to free travel between states do I not?

Ps, vic roads website unhelpfull so far. Ta for a prompt reply.

Chef
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby Chef » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:27 pm

You have a right to free travel, you did when you drove between the states unhindered, ie crossed the border.

However, that's not what they are saying.

Technically you could be booked in Vic for your bit of timber as well obscuring your plate, not displayed in accordance with the regs etc. For the 30 odd bucks to order a new one for your bike rack, save your time and fury for a fight you can win

LEO
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby LEO » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:28 pm

The copper was right, you are wrong (illegal in Victoria also)

Here is the answer from the VicRoads website, sums it up for you. https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/number-plates/standard-number-plates/bicycle-rack-number-plates

Bicycle rack number plates
If you have a bicycle rack fitted to your vehicle, you must ensure that the vehicles’ number plate is still clearly visible from a distance of 20 metres.

If the rear number plate of your vehicle is obscured because of a bike rack, you can either:

obtain a bike rack number plate from VicRoads and attach this to your bicycle rack (a fee applies)
attach the rear number plate from your car to your bicycle rack when it is in use and then return it to your vehicle when you are not using the bicycle rack.
Hand-painted plates are not permitted to be used.

Hardy
Site Admin
Posts: 8472
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 10:00 am
Location: Melbourne Victoria
Contact:

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby Hardy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:07 pm

A Vic car, whether in Vic or in NSW, needs to display a number plate issued by VicRoads that is clearly visible. Unless VicRoads issued you with a piece of wood, then you are driving illegally and a big risk of getting 3 demerit points.

busdriver
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 3:12 am
Location: Queensland

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby busdriver » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:28 am

johnspiritbeing wrote:H

So do I have to get an actual 3rd number plate to attach to the bike rack, if my car is roadworthy in victoria surely I can drive it legally in NSW regardless of whether NSW rules reckon its not roadworthy,,Right??? I have a right to free travel between states do I not?



Your vehicle needs to comply with standards of the other state, if you wish to drive in that state, for example my car is registered in South Australia and LED lightbars are legal in SA, I have one attached to my car. However if I wish to drive my car in NSW, LED lightbars are illegal, so I risk having my car defected NSW if I drive my vehicle in NSW, regardless that it legal in SA.

johnspiritbeing
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby johnspiritbeing » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:44 am

A BIG THANK YOU to all whom have replied and I have been back to the vic roads website and now found that the links they had to buy a new number plate (which did not work yesterday, "page not found") have now been completely removed since I emailed them telling them the links didnt work.

Another question I have though is, " If the Government and the laws of this country were first established by a lie which constitutes an act of treason against the monarchy, Then all law in this country since then is null and void? right?

And we are actually being ruled by a dictatorship under the illusion that this is a free democratic country.

Despite this I will now place the car number plate on the bike rack because the dictatorship called vic roads says I can and the cops have no idea about constitutional law nor imperial law and its a waste of nrg to even talk to nazi's .

Take a look at w3 clrg.info and truth-now.net

allde
Posts: 742
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby allde » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:43 am

johnspiritbeing wrote:A BIG THANK YOU to all whom have replied and I have been back to the vic roads website and now found that the links they had to buy a new number plate (which did not work yesterday, "page not found") have now been completely removed since I emailed them telling them the links didnt work.

Another question I have though is, " If the Government and the laws of this country were first established by a lie which constitutes an act of treason against the monarchy, Then all law in this country since then is null and void? right?

And we are actually being ruled by a dictatorship under the illusion that this is a free democratic country.

Despite this I will now place the car number plate on the bike rack because the dictatorship called vic roads says I can and the cops have no idea about constitutional law nor imperial law and its a waste of nrg to even talk to nazi's .

Take a look at w3 clrg.info and truth-now.net



If you believe that load of Bollocks, you might be suffering gullibility syndrome, the way this is diagnosed by the medical profession is the person will all ways deny having this condition.
The treatment for this condition requires copious amounts of time with a psychologist , possibly even surgery, if this isn’t feasible a regular size Hawaiian Pizza and two stubbies of Coppers Clear Ale should reduce the symptoms of the condition :D

Gravy
Posts: 1066
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby Gravy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:08 pm

1: No court anywhere, ever has upheld the dopey arguments you are peddling. You are not clever, not more informed and not smarter than the average bear: you are wrong.

2: Despite popular belief, you are not entitled to your opinion: you are entitled to an IMFORMED opinion. You are ill-informed. It's like having an opinion that 2+2=5. It's just wrong, so you can't.

3: Godwin's Law. Therefore, you lose the argument anyway.
Last edited by Gravy on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnspiritbeing
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby johnspiritbeing » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Omg thank you allde for your sense of humour and gravy for having me learn what godwins law is said to mean by some internet troll who made up the phrase.

Both your opinions lack any substance that can be relied upon, like a website containing links to information which proves or questions yours or even my opinions or even reference to a particular act of UK legislation. Like the pacific islander protection act in the first instance.

Of course gravy, no court will uphold the “argument I am peddling”,(as you call it) that would be cutting the rug from under there own ass would it not.. you dumb fk

So therefore you are both just a couple of ill informed NAZI'S. .metaphorically speaking
End of convo.. I lose and Im happy to do so.

May the holy spirit through christ my lord teach you the truth about yourselves in your dreams tonight. God bless you, I love you , christ loves you ,nazi,s

Gravy
Posts: 1066
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby Gravy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 pm

johnspiritbeing wrote:... your opinions lack any substance that can be relied upon, like a website...
:roll: Yeah, because nothing says "legit" like a weblog. Not to mention that every website on the internet is fact checked for accuracy and can therefore be taken as gospel. There are websites around the internet claiming that the moon landings were a hoax. There's an organisation called the Flat Earth Society (they're literal and serious, the title is not an analogy!) that has a website. Having a website doesn't make a lunatic claim any stronger, smarter or legitimate. 2+2 still equals 4, whether or not you have a website about it really equalling 5.

This discussion has been done to death, I'm not having it again:

http://www.trafficlaw.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2030

What really cracks me up is Sean's explanation in the above thread about religious nutters and the last line in the OP's above post. It's like he KNEW!!! :lol:

Day
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby Day » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Gravy wrote:What really cracks me up is Sean's explanation in the above thread about religious nutters and the last line in the OP's above post. It's like he KNEW!!! :lol:


What a great thread that was?! Memories.

When is Boki coming back?? :(
Last edited by Day on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allde
Posts: 742
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby allde » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:32 pm

johnspiritbeing wrote:
May the holy spirit through christ my lord teach you the truth about yourselves in your dreams tonight. God bless you, I love you , christ loves you ,nazi,s


Thank you for your blessings johnspiritbeing, I will acknowledge your blessings and will reciprocate my Blessings upon you as well, since I'm a Ordained Minister in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, may his Noodleness teach you the truth about yourself in your dreams tonight as well and love be all around you.

R'Amen

Hardy
Site Admin
Posts: 8472
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 10:00 am
Location: Melbourne Victoria
Contact:

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby Hardy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:39 pm

This week I saw a client about a county court appeal. He is charged with about 7 charges including refuse preliminary breath test. It was obvious from talking to him that he had read a fair about of bullocks on the internet, because he misunderstood his rights and obligations and the law. A magistrate sentenced him to 2 years licence loss because he refused a breath test. He believed he had the right to refuse - based on very novel legal theories, and now he is defending the case in the county court intending to raise such un-successful defences as the imperial acts application act. People who rely on the garbage that non-lawyers promote online have only themselves to blame when they end up losing their licence for 2 years or even end up in prison. A few years ago I had a client who had spent time in prison because he followed advice from the Caledonians and continually drove without a licence or registration and refused to pay any fines.
For example:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/ ... 74399.html
and check out UPMART, principalityofcaledonia.com, Community Law Resource Group (run by a plumber - a gutters and downpipes specialist!!) and all the garbage being sold by Aussie Speeding Fines. Apparently - we are being told - local government is illegal, all speed cameras are illegal, no Australia legislation has ever been consented to by the Queen, taxes are voluntary, vehicle registration and drivers licences can be issued by anyone.

Don't misunderstand me - every single day I encourage people to defend themselves in court and to run their defences - just don't bother running any of those whacky ones. You will just embarrass yourself.

busdriver
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 3:12 am
Location: Queensland

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby busdriver » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:11 am

Hardy wrote:For example:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/ ... 74399.html
and check out UPMART, principalityofcaledonia.com, Community Law Resource Group (run by a plumber - a gutters and downpipes specialist!!) and all the garbage being sold by Aussie Speeding Fines. Apparently - we are being told - local government is illegal, all speed cameras are illegal, no Australia legislation has ever been consented to by the Queen, taxes are voluntary, vehicle registration and drivers licences can be issued by anyone.



Is perpetual mob still around, offering so called 100 year driver licences and vehicle registrations?

I wonder how many people have fallen to their scam?

Hardy
Site Admin
Posts: 8472
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 10:00 am
Location: Melbourne Victoria
Contact:

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby Hardy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:16 am

It was a funny day when I saw a Caledonian member being prosecuted at a Magistrates Court for driving with no registration plates (home made number plates). About 10 other Caledonians turned up at court to show their support. When they returned to the court's car park all of their home made plates had been removed and police were standing by to issue infringements for driving unregistered, and wouldn't let them drive off with no rego plates.

Gravy
Posts: 1066
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby Gravy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:42 am

Hardy wrote:It was a funny day when I saw a Caledonian member being prosecuted at a Magistrates Court for driving with no registration plates (home made number plates). About 10 other Caledonians turned up at court to show their support. When they returned to the court's car park all of their home made plates had been removed and police were standing by to issue infringements for driving unregistered, and wouldn't let them drive off with no rego plates.

:lol:

Oh, that's just brilliant!

busdriver
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 3:12 am
Location: Queensland

Re: cross border vic nsw supreme authority?

Postby busdriver » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Gravy wrote:
Hardy wrote:It was a funny day when I saw a Caledonian member being prosecuted at a Magistrates Court for driving with no registration plates (home made number plates). About 10 other Caledonians turned up at court to show their support. When they returned to the court's car park all of their home made plates had been removed and police were standing by to issue infringements for driving unregistered, and wouldn't let them drive off with no rego plates.

:lol:

Oh, that's just brilliant!


It also proves there is some dumb people around too!


Return to “Interstate and foreign driving issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest