Supposed Liability

insurance

Supposed Liability

Postby insurance » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:21 pm

3 months ago I was involved in an incident. I was in the right hand at red traffic lights. As the lights turned green the vehicles edged forward slightly, I heard a loud bang on the back passenger side of box of the truck I was driving. A "gentleman" then pulled forth next to me and started screaming blue murder, saying that I had hit his car.
We pulled over to the side of the road and inspected the vehicles. His car had damage - a scratch and dent - on the rear drivers side. The truck I was driving had absolutely no damage, not even a fleck of paint, which, if I our vehicles had collided would have left at least that.
Three months on I receive a letter from his insurance company demading I pay about $2200 because they say I am liable. At no point has the insurance company contacted me to ask for my version of events, and the assessment on the "gentleman's" vehicle they sent with the demand shows the car wasn't assessed for damage until one month after the incident.
How do I go about challenging this insurance company's incorrrect claim that I am liable?

oscar

Re: Supposed Liability

Postby oscar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 pm

do you have insurance?

insurance

Postby insurance » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:01 am

I was in a work truck and as it was outside of work hours (picking up my girlfriend) it's not covered.

oscar

Postby oscar » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:34 am

either ignore the letter, or reply saying you were not to blame or find a soli and get them to do it on your behalf

Smiling Assassin

Postby Smiling Assassin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:17 am

Why did you exchange details? If you weren't involved in a collision then no requirement to exchange details with the other driver.

Return to “Insurance”