Insurance claim & Vicroads driver history

senditon

Insurance claim & Vicroads driver history

Postby senditon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:05 pm

Hello,

I was recently involved in a single-vehicle accident, involving a turn from a highway onto a driveway. Unfortunately the car was significantly damaged but thankfully no one was injured.

Police attended the scene and I was fined for Careless Driving. Although this carries with it 3 demerit points, I was wondering whether this will appear on my traffic/driving history, since according to information from one of the pages here:

'If you pay an infringement notice that does not carry any licence loss period (e.g. fail to wear seat belt) no conviction will be recorded against you. You may incurr demerit points, but no record will be made on your criminal or traffic history.'

Just wanted to confirm if Carless driving fits into this category?

In the process of filing an insurance claim, my insurer has requested a copy of my driver's history, but is it correct that the Carless driving offence wouldn't show up until the fine is actually paid?

If it did appear on the record, would this be grounds for an insurer to reject the claim? (Apologies if this is a dumb question; have never filed a claim before)...

Thanks for any help.

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Insurance claim & Vicroads driver history

Postby Hardy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Just lodge the claim and ignore the infringement notice until such time as the claim is resolved. Sounds like you need to get a copy of your own driving history and see for yourself what is on it.

Return to “Insurance”